Friday, November 25, 2011

FRIDAY FIRSTS with Zenobia Renquist

The first five sentences of... FORGOTTEN LOVER 
Medusa didn’t react as her thick dreadlocks rained down around her ankles, shorn from her head by the grinning mage across the room. In fact, she couldn’t react. The mage had locked her mind under the powerful spell of a docility charm.

She gave the charm more credit now that she could feel the power of it firsthand. Even though she fought it with all her might, she couldn’t break its hold.

***

Publisher: Changeling Press
Genre: Erotic Paranormal, Vampire, Magic, Interracial
Buy Link --
available in ebook only

FUN FIRST QUESTIONS ABOUT ZENOBIA

1. Who was your first love?
He-Man. I am so not joking. I was in love with that man. Not so much Prince Adam, but I totally loved He-Man… which might explain why I had a serious hate on for Teela. Despite everyone and their mother telling me He-Man was for boys, I watched that show religiously and got as many of the toys as my parents would buy me, which was quite a lot. I still have Castle Greyskull.
After He-Man was Nemesis Enforcer from the GI Joe movie (the animated one from 1987). If you're talking about real people, then I would have to say this one kid in sixth grade who I thought was so hot and so cool (funny how those two descriptions can exist side by side) but now I can't even remember his name and I barely remember what he looks like.

2. Tell me about the first novel you ever wrote? What ever happened to it?
The first novel I ever wrote was my debut title with Samhain Publishing under my other name, D. Renee Bagby. Yup, I got lucky on my first try. However, the first story I ever wrote (which would be categorized as a short story by the length definitions I know now) was for a writing competition back in my high school days that I wanted to enter. I didn't make the deadline, but I did finish the story.

At the moment, that story is sitting on my hard drive waiting for me to revisit it, flesh it out, make it a whole lot longer, and then get it published. It has a great plot and some fun characters, so I do plan to return to it one day in the future.

3. What’s the first thing you do when you start writing a new story?
I listen to my characters argue. The majority of my stories start with my characters yelling at each other in my head. It's my job to figure out what they are arguing about, what started the argument, how they met, and where they are going when the argument finishes. The majority of the time, I can't answer any of those questions until after I've written the story. I'm a total panster that way.

More about Renee: Renee is a military brat turned military wife who is currently stationed in Hawaii with her husband and two cats.

Whether writing as D. Renee Bagby or Zenobia Renquist, she is a world-builder. She loves inventing new cultures and shaping their histories and laws because it beats researching the existing ones.
Her stories span the fantasy gamut but she dabbles in sci-fi and contemporary from time to time. While her main characters tend to be of different races, she doesn't let skin color rule or limit her stories. For her, it's all about how much she can torture her characters so they earn their happily-ever-after ending.

The rules are all new and pre-conceived notions will only slow you down, so when reading Renee's stories, she asks only one thing -- Leave Your Reality Behind.

Where you can find Renee online:
Web -
http://zenobiarenquist.com/
Twitter - http://twitter.com/dreneebagby
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Author.DRBagby.ZRenquist
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/zenobiarenquist
Yahoo Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dreneebagby_multiverse/
Newsletter - http://ymlp.com/signup.php?id=geusujygmgj
Blog - http://dreneebagby.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment