Friday, January 27, 2012

FRIDAY FIRSTS with author Lynn Crain


First Five Sentences of... A LOVER FOR RACHEL

“Come on, we’re going to be late! You’re the one who wanted to go to this thing. Besides, it’s the dead of night, so who’s going to see us?”

Rachel frowned at her best friend, Samantha Andrews, again. Yes, she was the one who wanted to go to the summer solstice celebration at Stonehenge.



Genre: Paranormal erotic romance
Publisher: Self-published

Available now!

* * * * *

FUN FIRST FACTS ABOUT LYNN

1. What was the first Rated R movie you ever saw? Wow...are you trying to get me in trouble? LOL! In the little town we lived in they never checked IDs at the door. We got into tons of movies that we’d have been kicked out of today. My first R-rated flick was High Plains Drifter. I thought Clint Eastwood was so hot that I tried to write a book with a similar character. No, I didn’t succeed. LOL!

2. What was the first romance you ever read?
Now, this will be a three part question for me. The first book I read that could be considered a romance had to be Gone With The Wind. At the time, I didn’t consider it to be one but an epic Civil War novel. The first ‘bodice-ripper’ romance I ever read was The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss. Boy was that one hot...LOL! The first Harlequin Romance I ever read, about the same time as The Flame and the Flower, was called Castles in Spain. It was really sweet but still the HEA pulled me in. I have each and every one of those original books.

3. What’s the first thing you do when you start reading a new book?
Well, with ebooks I can’t do this so much any more...but...what I used to do was this: I’d look at the cover, I’d read the back blurb, I’d read the inside cover and usually a page at the beginning, middle and end. If I liked those, I’d buy the book. Now, I just look at the blurb, look at the cover and if they show a portion for a ‘look inside’ moment, I’ll read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment