Thursday, May 28, 2015

FABULOUS FIRSTS: Cerian Hebert




Hello dear readers!

I have been showcasing fellow authors from our upcoming boxed set, Summer on Main Street, which releases June 24 but is available now for pre-order. Today, I have a fun interview from Cerian Hebert.

The first few lines of... 
LIGHT THE WAY HOME

“What do you want me to do about it, Sally?” Ben Winslow rubbed hard at the bridge of his nose where a headache was forming. This conversation was the last thing he needed today.




Part of the SUMMER on MAIN STREET boxed set
Available to pre-order now!


* * * * *

FUN FIRST FACTS ABOUT CERIAN

What was the first romance you ever read? The first real honest-to-God bodice ripper was Skye O’Malley. I fell in love with romance novels after that, and that was when I
decided to write romance. I soaked in Harlequins and any bodice-ripper I could find.

Tell me about the first novel you ever wrote? What ever happened to it? My best friend and I decided to co-write a horse-oriented romance about two perfect sisters and their perfect boyfriends (mine had an Australian accent) who own a perfect horse farm. I believe that I still have my portion of the story in a box somewhere (my friend moved to Louisiana so we had to snail mail the story back and forth to each other)


If you could restart your writing career, what’s the first thing you’d do differently?
 I would take it seriously. I would put everything into it, and not put it aside when I wasn’t interested in what I was working on. I’d do the research necessary to write the story. A lot of what I know now wasn’t possible back when I first started, since there was no internet. But I’d still write write write. 

* * * * *

More about Cerian--Originally from Minnesota, Cerian is currently settled in southwestern New Hampshire with her husband and four children, working for a well-known children's magazine company. She's known she wanted to write since she was twelve and between mucking stalls in New York and booking cruises in Maine, she's been filling notebooks and flash drives with her stories in pursuit of her dreams.


Find her online here:


No comments:

Post a Comment